The time now is Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:31 am | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts  Ghost forum archive
World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum IndexWorld of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index
World of Ghosts Worldofghosts 24 hour chat room
                          Register


MAKING THE SITE GROW
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » Help make the site grow!
View previous topic | View next topic  
Author Message
don76



Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: MAKING THE SITE GROW Reply with quote

Hi can we put an advert link on facebook.
...
View user's profile Send private message
Back to top
YB
Moderator


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 2167
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scary1, what do you think?? (Scary1 is the site admin)
...
View user's profile Send private message
Back to top
Forde



Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I popped a link on my blog :D
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
georgek



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 163
Location: Nottinghm England

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: MAKING THE SITE GROW Reply with quote

don76 wrote:
Hi can we put an advert link on facebook.


I sometimes think that the wrong people are attracted.
Those who shoud be helping, spend most of their time debunking the 'works' of others.

Perhaps there ain't enough 'good stock' amongst us to take a serious interest in the subject?

People will 'shed their load' and move on. Otherwise the conversation moves away from the topic and concentrates on the person supplying all the info.

Rule has it, that we can only say so much.....otherwise we become undesirable.

Reason being, is that there are an awful lot of thrill seekers with digital thermometers wanting to catch spooks instead of spooks catching them.

The subject goes 'deep' and often some have gifts whilst others do not.

It is those who 'do not' who tend to patronise those who do.

Whch leaves a lot of stale feeling because people cannot accept that they are differnt.

People are not here to ask for evalutaion and reports on their persona, but instead come to talk about the 'World of Ghosts'.



It is these differnces that seperates the 'stock' and the people who come to sites.

Whilst some come and go, others stay.

Georgek
...
View user's profile Send private message
Back to top
flossy
Moderator


Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Posts: 4898
Location: UK tyne/wear (geordie land)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have some very good points there Wink
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
georgek



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 163
Location: Nottinghm England

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flossy wrote:
you have some very good points there Wink


I also have some very good recent material.



George
...
View user's profile Send private message
Back to top
damaralenoire



Joined: 19 Oct 2008
Posts: 334
Location: South Wales UK

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgek wrote:
flossy wrote:
you have some very good points there Wink


I also have some very good recent material.



George




Well I will agree and disagree with some of the points you have raised.

It is not so much as the wrong people are being attracted to the site its just there is a lot of Naievity floating about when they join and the reason being is because they are clueless (In a nice way) to some of the things they are or have been experiencing or witnessing and the last thing that they would want is to be patronised and belittled on a site where they have obvioulsy turned to for help. I am not saying that this is a direct thing but by some of the topics and language used in trying to get a point accross can at times be a little bit to much for some people who simply want an opinion on wether something is paranormal or not.


you say that

The subject goes 'deep' and often some have gifts whilst others do not.

It is those who 'do not' who tend to patronise those who do.

Whch leaves a lot of stale feeling because people cannot accept that they are differnt.



On here, I think everyone knows everyone is different in their own way and we will all defend what we know is right. Afterall that is a basic human right of ours, But if I am not mistaken from a while back we have many discussions inprogress and I feel that sometimes people feel obligated to answer every post or thread that appears on WOG when clearly the topic is of no interest to them or they have little knowledge.

Now personally I KNOW i have a mass amount of knowledge in the field of History of Castles, Medieval Period and Anything Wiccan / Pagan / Witchcraft related and the true context of the Pagan and Christian relation. Now if i see someone who has got their information incorrect I will point it out to them in a non patronising way so that they can learn from it and i believe that it can also help them clarify what it is that they are truely trying to get accross. This i think is a healthy approach in running the site as we are all here to learn from each other.

I bask in finding out peoples backgrounds and history and so always look forward to hearing more peoples experience. If I find that there are people who post on here who are a bit to much or are clearly here to try and become the dominent one of th site then I just ignore them until they learn that they are not different to anyone else who posts on here.

[/i]
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Back to top
bitterbuck1
Moderator


Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Posts: 3958
Location: Arizona, USA

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George, it's good to see you back!
I'd be interested in your material if you'd like to share. Very Happy
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
Gizmo



Joined: 04 May 2009
Posts: 2
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Getting members to help increase traffic. Reply with quote

Hi, new and just joined but just a suggestion. Like a lot of people on here, I'm on several forums - if all members add a link to the site when possible, ie: facebook,twitter,digg,you tube. A quick mail or banner asking anyone with a website or anyone who adds reviews on sites or blogs can also add a link.
This should increase visibility and therefore membership due to increased visibility.
According to alexa.com there are 75 incoming links, marketleap shows 28,072 links, so there is a fair degree of visibilty here anyway to build on. I'll add a few links in reviews etc. on a few of my sites with pageranks as that should help.
Just an idea.
Jim Confused
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
georgek



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 163
Location: Nottinghm England

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damaralenoire wrote:
georgek wrote:
flossy wrote:
you have some very good points there Wink


I also have some very good recent material.



George




Well I will agree and disagree with some of the points you have raised.

It is not so much as the wrong people are being attracted to the site its just there is a lot of Naievity floating about when they join and the reason being is because they are clueless (In a nice way) to some of the things they are or have been experiencing or witnessing and the last thing that they would want is to be patronised and belittled on a site where they have obvioulsy turned to for help. I am not saying that this is a direct thing but by some of the topics and language used in trying to get a point accross can at times be a little bit to much for some people who simply want an opinion on wether something is paranormal or not.


you say that

The subject goes 'deep' and often some have gifts whilst others do not.

It is those who 'do not' who tend to patronise those who do.

Whch leaves a lot of stale feeling because people cannot accept that they are differnt.



On here, I think everyone knows everyone is different in their own way and we will all defend what we know is right. Afterall that is a basic human right of ours, But if I am not mistaken from a while back we have many discussions inprogress and I feel that sometimes people feel obligated to answer every post or thread that appears on WOG when clearly the topic is of no interest to them or they have little knowledge.

Now personally I KNOW i have a mass amount of knowledge in the field of History of Castles, Medieval Period and Anything Wiccan / Pagan / Witchcraft related and the true context of the Pagan and Christian relation. Now if i see someone who has got their information incorrect I will point it out to them in a non patronising way so that they can learn from it and i believe that it can also help them clarify what it is that they are truely trying to get accross. This i think is a healthy approach in running the site as we are all here to learn from each other.

I bask in finding out peoples backgrounds and history and so always look forward to hearing more peoples experience. If I find that there are people who post on here who are a bit to much or are clearly here to try and become the dominent one of th site then I just ignore them until they learn that they are not different to anyone else who posts on here.

[/i]


There seems to be a lot of 'generalisation' here, but in a right about way, people will never stop being what they are.

The help does not lie in what is out here, but what is contained in themselves. As one of the moderators has stated:- "There are no experts"

People do not want to know the truth, but rather contain themselves by trying to fit whatever is out there into their way of life.

By looking at a person's sanity does not provide them with answers to the 'unknown' Often they move away from the topics of conversation and direct their analysis on who is providing the material.

Logic being, is that if something does not fit, you bend squeeze it and force it into where it does not belong.

Rather than taking the object, they adjust the box. This is not learning, but just getting something to fit.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their oppinion and just like yourself, I can walk away from things that are pointless. Yet most people cannot do this, because their whole world is threatened by what is contained as a threat to their oppinion.

At the moment, I am having police protection against death threats, because a moderator on another site has passed on my business email to a gang of mobsters.

I went to a site and found a picture of my house with a gun pointing to my window where I work on my computer. The message read that I was going to be killed before my next birthday and that the good news would be sent to this site.

How sick can you get?

Did they protest?
NO!

If you stick to a level and post 'spooky thrill pictures' once or twice, you are okay and perfectly sane. Yet if you get within the system and understand the 'cogs' that control the paranormal world and the truth to what happens when we die, a differnt world emerges.


Gone is the 'chance' element of ghosts and within you see a breakdown of all the philosophies that make this world into a money spinning market with religions and faith.

What I am really trying to say, is that the ghosts come to me and not me to them.

They come to me, because I am 'one' with them and the gift of vision has returned.

Believing is up to you, as I too have my beliefs.

You get to the stage of showing one or two pictures on a site and you are gone.

Or if you have more to offer, you stay.

You stay and you have to 'cram up' or praise people like a politician..or you speak your truth, mind and knowledge.

Truth does not come easy, and people can even kill if their world is shattered.

It happened 2000 years ago, and things have not altered. Now they have mental institutions. The sad thing is seperating sanity with madness.

This is how you get your flocks and reasons why truth never dies...but hearts do!

Regards George Confused
...
View user's profile Send private message
Back to top
georgek



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 163
Location: Nottinghm England

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitterbuck1 wrote:
George, it's good to see you back!
I'd be interested in your material if you'd like to share. Very Happy


Hi Bitterbuck, how are you my friend? Very Happy

Especially for you, I will show you some of my pictures.


George Very Happy
...
View user's profile Send private message
Back to top
damaralenoire



Joined: 19 Oct 2008
Posts: 334
Location: South Wales UK

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I titally agree with everything you have just said theoretically

BUT

I did pick up on a few sentances you wrote

and I quote :




---------------- the truth to what happens when we die

---------------- Truth does not come easy, and people can even kill if their world is shattered. It happened 2000 years ago, and things have not altered.





THese are the points to which you have to be careful with when you post and these are the things that you have to understand people will always debate with you

We all share a interest in the paranormal but the history that leads to our beliefs are different


CAN YOU honestely say you know what happens to everyone when they die and when you use an example that is dated back 2000 do you realise that there are many people including myself who believe that the whole Jesus Christ thing was a load of old pap.

I am not arguing by the way just in case people are reading this and this what is this bitch going on about - I am merely saying basically some things that people say on this site are going to come across a little far fetched and unbelievable, but hey forums are places of debate and no one at the end of the day as the right to say your wrong, it should be a case of saying I THINK you are wrong. and vice versa

So what we have on this site including many other forums i am a member of , is a great LESSON

And I love it
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Back to top
bitterbuck1
Moderator


Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Posts: 3958
Location: Arizona, USA

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

georgek wrote:
bitterbuck1 wrote:
George, it's good to see you back!
I'd be interested in your material if you'd like to share. Very Happy


Hi Bitterbuck, how are you my friend? Very Happy

Especially for you, I will show you some of my pictures.


George Very Happy


Thanks George! Very Happy
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
YB
Moderator


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 2167
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back George Very Happy
...
View user's profile Send private message
Back to top
hayzee



Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello forum - newbie on here.
Well I have put a link from my site www.ghost-investigators.co.uk to here. Hope that's ok.
...
View user's profile Send private message
Back to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » Help make the site grow!
Display posts from previous:   
 
 
All times are GMT
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum