The time now is Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:54 pm | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts  Ghost forum archive
World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum IndexWorld of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index
World of Ghosts Worldofghosts 24 hour chat room
                          Register


DB's Bigfoot Q & A
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » Cryptozoology
View previous topic | View next topic  
Author Message
D B Sweeney



Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2842
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: DB's Bigfoot Q & A Reply with quote

As a sceptic I'm frequently criticised because 'I don't believe' in UFOs and ghosts (it's not that I don't believe it's just that I've yet to see compelling evidence) but do (sort of) believe in Bigfoot or at least the case for Bigfoot that the evidence supports.
Here's a thread for anyone to ask any questions relating to Bigfoot or me, or my belief in it (which is not 100%).

Thanks.
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
thecactus



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 3183
Location: Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What % do you believe Bigfoot is real?

You mentioned various research before, that you have done into this (camping out to try and find the creature etc...) but can you say exactly what research you have done?
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
D B Sweeney



Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2842
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecactus wrote:
What % do you believe Bigfoot is real?

You mentioned various research before, that you have done into this (camping out to try and find the creature etc...) but can you say exactly what research you have done?


50/50 at best (50%). I've done ineffectual field research based on a naive understanding of the subject and the practicalities involved. I've read extensively on the subject for over 20 years and spoken first hand to more experienced field researchers from the BFRO.

DB
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
thecactus



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 3183
Location: Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I was hoping for a higher % Laughing

Is there absolutely any other paranormal subject that you 'sort of' believe in?
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
D B Sweeney



Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2842
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecactus wrote:
Sad I was hoping for a higher % Laughing

Is there absolutely any other paranormal subject that you 'sort of' believe in?


I believe in all aspects of the paranormal Cactus - I just doubt the conclusions reached.
There are so many subjects that fall under the paranormal umbrella but nearly all of them can be explained rationally using known science.
Bigfoot is the only exception that I'd bend my scepticism on and even then I'm not sure.
However I'm open to being persuaded otherwise if someone can provide some compelling evidence - despite looking, I've not seen any yet.

DB
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
thecactus



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 3183
Location: Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there no other cryptids even which you think may exist?
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
D B Sweeney



Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2842
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecactus wrote:
Are there no other cryptids even which you think may exist?


Tasmanian Tiger, possibly. Certain species in east Asia. Possibly the Yowie in Australia but I've not read enough about the Yowie to form a half informed opinion.

DB
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
thecactus



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 3183
Location: Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tasmanian Tiger did exist, but I know what you mean; it still might. But it's not as interesting. The Yowie isn't very different to Bigfoot, apart from the size?
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
D B Sweeney



Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2842
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yowie shares a lot of sighting characteristics as Bigfoot, you're quite right but then again people are people and subject to flawed perceptions and bias beliefs no matter where they live.

DB
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
thecactus



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 3183
Location: Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think about most scientists belief that Bigfoot could not be a real creature because of the large numbers thought necessary to maintain a breeding population?
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
D B Sweeney



Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2842
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecactus wrote:
What do you think about most scientists belief that Bigfoot could not be a real creature because of the large numbers thought necessary to maintain a breeding population?


I'm not sure which 'most scientists' you're getting your information from Cactus.
In excess of 25 individuals is enough to maintain a breeding population where genetic defects will not affect the population in any adverse way. Monkeys and apes are a prime case in point. In humans it's not unknown for daughters to have children via their fathers with no adverse effects.

DB
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
thecactus



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 3183
Location: Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in wikipedia. Maybe it's because they don't believe there are three digit number populations of these animals.

In humans; my mates neighbours are married but are second cousins and they have two children, who are both mentally challenged, which is generally put down to the fact that their DNA was too similar.
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
D B Sweeney



Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2842
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecactus wrote:
It's in wikipedia. Maybe it's because they don't believe there are three digit number populations of these animals.

In humans; my mates neighbours are married but are second cousins and they have two children, who are both mentally challenged, which is generally put down to the fact that their DNA was too similar.


I'm the daughter of my unborn son.

DB
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
thecactus



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 3183
Location: Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't keep it in your pants, keep it in your family? Laughing
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
Agentscott



Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posts: 1042
Location: Essex

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the diference between a sashquash, yeti, abomible snowman and big foot? Are these all the same creature but in differentparts of the world or are they something entirley seprate?
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » Cryptozoology
Display posts from previous:   
 
 
All times are GMT
Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum