The time now is Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:51 pm | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts  Ghost forum archive
World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum IndexWorld of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index
World of Ghosts Worldofghosts 24 hour chat room
                          Register


My dad's house?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » Haunted houses in the uk
View previous topic | View next topic  
Author Message
Michael yates



Joined: 05 Nov 2011
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: My dad's house? Reply with quote

My dad lives in Leeds and i go their almost every weekend. however when i go their and i try to get to sleep for the night i always have to have my TV on to get to sleep because every time i wake up in the morning a switch near the house phone is switched on and we never has been used before. i believe i have heard it click on in the night but im too terrierfid to go and look. but i know for a fact it is last night i switched off the switch and this morning it was on. this is one of the things preventing me to go to my dads and my dads a caretaker so he lives in a bungalow in the grounds. i don't know the history of it but all we now is that caretaker has died ijn it before pleadse help me with this.
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Back to top
thecactus



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 3183
Location: Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a good chance it is the previous caretaker who died is still there - if he hasn't been aggressive I wouldn't worry about it.
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
D B Sweeney



Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2842
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecactus wrote:
There is a good chance it is the previous caretaker who died is still there - if he hasn't been aggressive I wouldn't worry about it.


Whaaat??? Are you having a laugh Cactus???? Are you trying to wind people up or scare Michael even further?.

Just because a switch might be faulty or whatever there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to be leaping to such totally unfounded, unsupported conclusions Mad

@ Michael, what kind of switch is it - what is it on etc?.

DB
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
thecactus



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 3183
Location: Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D B Sweeney wrote:
thecactus wrote:
There is a good chance it is the previous caretaker who died is still there - if he hasn't been aggressive I wouldn't worry about it.


Whaaat??? Are you having a laugh Cactus???? Are you trying to wind people up or scare Michael even further?.

Just because a switch might be faulty or whatever there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to be leaping to such totally unfounded, unsupported conclusions Mad

@ Michael, what kind of switch is it - what is it on etc?.

DB



lol Laughing DB has a good point - it could be just a fault with the switch, but I assumed there were other occurrences too Confused Could you tell us other reasons you think the previous caretakers spirit remains there?
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
KiloCharlie



Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few questions.
1. What type of switch is it?
2. How old is it?
3. Does it move easily & always with a positive click?
What you describe is not that uncommon. It's normally just a old & knackered switch. I am not an electrician, but I do build / repair electronics & switches are like everything else, they get old & worn. Plus like a few human brains electric wiring can be wrong, but apparently function normally for years before automatically tripping a switch. So as a second line of attack don't check the switch yourself, get it done by someone who knows what they are doing, as it may be wired poorly.
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
Michael yates



Joined: 05 Nov 2011
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiloCharlie wrote:
A few questions.
1. What type of switch is it?
2. How old is it?
3. Does it move easily & always with a positive click?
What you describe is not that uncommon. It's normally just a old & knackered switch. I am not an electrician, but I do build / repair electronics & switches are like everything else, they get old & worn. Plus like a few human brains electric wiring can be wrong, but apparently function normally for years before automatically tripping a switch. So as a second line of attack don't check the switch yourself, get it done by someone who knows what they are doing, as it may be wired poorly.
Its been been around for loads of years possibly 1876 its a normal socket switch
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Back to top
Michael yates



Joined: 05 Nov 2011
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its just strange as their is no oher switches that do the same thing
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Back to top
Michael yates



Joined: 05 Nov 2011
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D B Sweeney wrote:
thecactus wrote:
There is a good chance it is the previous caretaker who died is still there - if he hasn't been aggressive I wouldn't worry about it.


Whaaat??? Are you having a laugh Cactus???? Are you trying to wind people up or scare Michael even further?.

Just because a switch might be faulty or whatever there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to be leaping to such totally unfounded, unsupported conclusions Mad

@ Michael, what kind of switch is it - what is it on etc?.

DB
lol he may be right tho it has been round for years and its a normal socket switch but i just can't see why someone would have a favor of flicking switch's
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Back to top
D B Sweeney



Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2842
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIchael, could you post a picture of the switch please?

Cheers.

DB
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
KiloCharlie



Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Posts: 47

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael yates wrote:
its just strange as their is no oher switches that do the same thing

Think about it Michael. Would you expect every switch to go at the same time? Do you know the history of the elctrical system there? It could be that that switch has had a rough earlier life, it could be that it was always going to the one to go first due to build quality.
The life span of electric cables is 20 years, based upon constant use, this of course almost never happens, so wiring & thus also the switches could be up to 40 years old, something that brings with it problems.
...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Back to top
Michael yates



Joined: 05 Nov 2011
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D B Sweeney wrote:
MIchael, could you post a picture of the switch please?

Cheers.

DB

here you go its the exact same one and guys my dad gave me another picture of some activity when he took a picture of the school if you want to see it.
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Back to top
carlos2010



Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Posts: 288

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael yates wrote:
its just strange as their is no oher switches that do the same thing


Just because one is faulty, it doesnt mean the rest will be.

Id personally spend 5 on a new socket, have it fitted and see if it still happens, if it does, it requires further investigation, if it doesnt, faulty swith.

You say its a normal socket switch, Im presuming a single wall outlet with switch, around 6 inch square(give or take), you also say its been around for loads of years, around 1876? maybe a typo and you meant 1976. So is it a standard 3 pin socket, with rectangular holes, or cylindrical holes? as some years ago, 80's i think, the standards were changed and we still have one old style 3 pin socket above the kitchen window.

Just trying to eliminate all possibilities.
...
View user's profile Send private message
Back to top
D B Sweeney



Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2842
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael yates wrote:
D B Sweeney wrote:
MIchael, could you post a picture of the switch please?

Cheers.

DB

here you go its the exact same one and guys my dad gave me another picture of some activity when he took a picture of the school if you want to see it.


Can you post any pics Michael?

DB
...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Back to top
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » Haunted houses in the uk
Display posts from previous:   
 
 
All times are GMT
Jump to:  

Page 1 of 1


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum