The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts  Ghost forum archive
World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum IndexWorld of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index
World of Ghosts Worldofghosts 24 hour chat room
                          Register

I Just Saw Something
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat
View previous topic | View next topic  
thecactus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: I Just Saw Something Reply with quote

My Dad and I were just coming out of the garage after playing pool (this is in the countryside) and all the lights were out - we were walking over to the house; then there was a plain flying directly over our head from east to west and we stood and watched it. Then I spotted an object that looked a lot like a star heading in our direction from about a mile away from the south - it was heading north - I would guess it was about 3-5000 ft high. It continued and flew past us and eventually the light went out or it went into cloud. It travelled at the same speed the entire time; not too fast. It didnt change its altitude really. It made no noise whatsoever. This was at 10pm. It was dark. It was a bright white light but it had structure.

I dont know what it was, but I know what it wasn't - It wasn't a plane, helicopter, any type of aircraft for sure as there was no noise/it didnt look like any of the above.

It wasn't a lantern; it never climbed in altitude which any Ive ever seen do - it wasnt flashing like a lantern; it was a steady white light - it travelled in the same direction which the wind wasn't blowing.

It wasn't a balloon. It wasn't a bird.

It wasn't a satellite/object orbiting earth - much too close.

I guess its my first UFO sighting, but I would definately lean towards something man-made, but who knows? It didnt perform any maneuvres etc.
Agentscott

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff Cactus,
I said if you keep looking you will see something eventually.(be sure to think plane with light on first and I think if you can get past that then this is a UFO for sure)
I wouldn't be to hasty to say non alien.
When you say "structure" how do you mean? what shape did you see?
How fast was this thing going?
to many questions sorry.

To realy rule out the possibility of this being a plane see if you can identify the flightpaths they use in your area.
Of course this may not have displayed for you or something like that but certenly sounds like a good sighting to me.(and simular to my first sighting because this was glowing white)

One last question was this thing like a light within a light?, was there any lightning stuff around it coming of it like surges of energy?

Fantastic thats one more person who knows that somethings up there.

P.s keep looking perhaps they have revealed a ship to you for a purpose.
I have heard that they might tailor sightings for how much the veiwer can handle/beleive. They might be back again in your area so have another look tommorow.
Agentscott

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just looking and there has been quite a few white light sightings in the north recently.
One seen in Edinborough too.
Heres a couple but if you look on the main page there are several more easy to find and very recent. Dig around and there are loads more but not quite so recent.
http://www.uk-ufo.co.uk/2011/04/edinburgh-23rd-april-2011/

http://www.uk-ufo.co.uk/2011/04/lakenheath-suffolk-26th-april-2011/

http://www.uk-ufo.co.uk/2011/04/nant-gwynantnear-beddgelert-north-wales-24th-april-2011/

So white lights are consistent around the UK!
thecactus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My feeling was that it was man made agentscott, but who knows - I have no idea what it was.

It wasn't travelling very fast - a rough guess 30-50mph.

You could see it had structure - like an outline - but the best way to describe it would be it looked like a star with a very bright white light in the centre of it. I can't say it was a disc shape.

No agentscott 100% was not a plane - there are flight paths that go right over our house/yard, but my dad knows them all 100% - he could tell you when the next plane will be coming and where its going.

It wasnt very high and there was no noise whatsoever of it - a minute before a plane had flew over and it was higher up and you could hear it clearly. This was at dark - all the planes have lights right across them to show their shape - this just had one white light in the centre. But because of that and its height I would assume it was a fair size (possibly size light aircraft)

It wasn't pulsating - it was just a bright white light - and when it went past us probably a mile away I thought the light went out; my dad thought it went into cloud.

The last question - I dont know agentscott - the best way I can describe it was that it looked like a star.

I will look again. I still lean towards man made on this one but it is possible it was alien. All I know is that it was an Unidentified Flying Object.
thecactus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just putting my sighting into that site agentscott and hopefully someone else will have seen it.
thecactus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking to my Dad I have come to the conclusion that I saw it about 2-3 miles away and watched as it come overhead then flew on about another 2-3mile at least. It was probably also going quicker than I thought - I would say 70-100mph.
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Chinese Lantern IMO.

DB
thecactus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB wise up - I have already explained why it wasnt a lantern - even you aren't that thick surely?

It wasn't moving in the direction of the wind, it never climbed, it was a white light (no flickering at all) It never changed direction it just travelled straight. I would bet my life on it that it wasn't a lantern.

That was the first thing I considered but quickly ruled it out as it couldn't possibly be a lantern.
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecactus wrote:
DB wise up - I have already explained why it wasnt a lantern - even you aren't that thick surely?

It wasn't moving in the direction of the wind, it never climbed, it was a white light (no flickering at all) It never changed direction it just travelled straight. I would bet my life on it that it wasn't a lantern.

That was the first thing I considered but quickly ruled it out as it couldn't possibly be a lantern.

Winds travel in different directions at different altitudes. Air temperature sits in bars as well. There's also varying air pressure - all these will affect the speed, direction and altitude of any object that's at their mercy ie: a Chinese Lantern or Balloon.

So - just because you ruled it out it means it was either an alien spacecraft or an exotic military aircraft?. Your view is no indication at all as to its validity or truth - it's just your subjective interpretation of what you saw. Furthermore because you believe in space aliens you will have a tendency towards confirmation bias.

Chinese Lantern - deffo.

Wink

DB
thecactus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood”

DB on this occasion and I believe now probably many others you haven't a clue what you are talking about - I have seen probably a hundred+ chinese lanterns and this 100% wasn't one.
Agentscott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why I always say the answers are in the sky, it's easy to be told it was nothing but when you know what you saw it's obviously not nothing then thats hard to accept.

Fairplay DB if thats what you think but it sounds like a classic sighting and not like a lantern to me.

DB if you don't accept things atal then you won't be able to identify aliens landing in your own back garden.
Good move reporting it Cactus to UKUFO, it's doing a better job than the M*D ever did at cataloging sightings and accepting the inevertable and it good that sightings are made publicly available at all times with no riricule or mystery or 50 years silence!!!
Agentscott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the wind speeds on wed night.
I tried the but couldn't find any evidence of 70-100mph, couldn't have been a balloon.
thecactus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes agentscott it was definately a UFO but I still lean towards some military/government object/vehicle - the main reason being because it didn't do anything 'out of this world' like impossible maneuvres/speed etc...

My Dad is 50 and he says he has never seen anything like it - not because it done anything spectacular but simply because we cannot identify it.

But I know it 100% wasn't a chinese lantern.

Have you any ideas of any other known objects it could have been?
thecactus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agentscott it was totally dark and this object had a bright white light (it looked like a star) - it 100% wasn't a balloon. My Dad found weather balloon before and he ruled that out immediately.
D B Sweeney

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think it was an alien spaceship Cactus then that's fine by me Smile I explained why I think you're mistaken but you're convinced that what you saw was a UFO - who is really closed minded here?.

DB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    World of Ghosts - Paranormal Forums Forum Index » General chat